Griffin Mountain Reprint Update & Contest Announcement

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 05:04:51 -0500

Hello all,

GOOD NEWS: the reprint of Griffin Mountain is close at hand. As soon as the last few pieces of art arrive, the book (all 256 pages of it) is off to the printers. The book contains all of the original material, plus some of the best bits from Griffin Island (no orcs, sorcerors, or slarges). It's also got 8 new pages of designer's notes and campaign tips from Greg Stafford and Rudy Kraft. There are over 30 new pieces of art, including some unpublished pieces by Paul Jaquays. It will soon be available for sale, both in hardcover and softcover, so stay tuned for ordering details. I'll start taking orders for it once it has gone to the printers, but not before.

A CONTEST: Earn your place amongst the immortals! I've received a simple map from Paul Jaquays for an encounter that there wasn't room for in the original product. It's for a dragonewt plinth located somewhere in the Elder Wilds.

THE CHALLENGE: Write approximately 750 words detailing what the encounter with the plinth is all about. All we know, according to the map, is that it is a lone, 6 meter diameter plinth with an area effect warding spell around it. The rest is up to you. You are welcome to include the stats for whatever good/bad/weird things that go along with the plinth, but they must be in RQ2 format (this is a reprint, not a Hero Wars supplement). The article MUST be in finished format. I don't want a sketch of ideas of similar. I don't mind correcting a little bit of poor grammar or a few spelling mistakes, but that's about it. Please email me if you have any questions.

DEADLINE AND FORMAT: I need to receive all entries by no later than February 24th, 2001. I would recommend sending them to me via email to Rick_at_... or this email address. You can send me an electronic file in MS Word or similar format, as long as it is readable by a PC. Sorry, no mac-hippy formats. : - ) Even text files or text in the body of the email are OK as well.

WHAT DO YOU GET: The winner of the contest receives a hardcover edition of the book, plus their name in the credits right along side all the greats. Sorry, but there's no second place, etc.

Thanks,

Rick Meints