RE: Re: Lunar Occupation of Sartar

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 07:55:43 -0000

> > For what it's worth I already have a good mythic justification
> > for the goats among the Balkoth (in addition to the need to not
> starve that
> > is),
>
> Hi Moosey old chap
>
> What is the purpose of the myth? The Balkoth got 'lumbered'
> with goats by the Lunars. Its not a Balkothi tradition.

So as not to starve (or run out of wool for making magic cloaks), of course. You can't just go around eating goat, it's chaotic, poisonous and bad karma, everyone knows that. So when you're out of options, you HQ to find a forgotten myth. Like the one that says "yes, but they're sheep really". Or "Ah, but *this* goat is a good one, he's not like all the others".