OiD & The Abomination of Desolation

From: CJ <cj_at_...>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:44:26 +0000

  When I read OiD the one theme whch came to me repeatedly was the Abomination of Desolation which occurred im 167BC. Antiochus IV's attempt to outlaw the Jewish religion, and replace YHWH with Zeus. The politics, collaboration, and general cultural millieu fit quite well, even if Orlanth reminds me more of the Canaanite Storm pantheon then YHWH.

As some Bibles omit the Apocryrpha for reasons of space and printing costs, or other reasons

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrvw/NIVBible/Macc_1.html
http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrvw/NIVBible/Macc_2.html
http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/public/Rsv3Mac.html

and Antiochus IV
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antiochus_IV

Dunno if ths will interest anyone, but I thought it might prove inspirational.
cj x