Re: Digest Number 277

From: Simon Bray <simonbray_at_...>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:22:48 -0000

Hi Guys,

 Jeez, I'm a Blackmailer now! I must add that to my resume. If I remember correctly my letter started with the word

 'A note to Glorantha fans' - Not 'Give Issaries all your money or I will eat the baby!'

 I may do some freelance work for Issaries, but I am not an employee or their reprentative or mouthpiece. However myu advice still stands, if you want to see an Issaries publication about Troll Body Piercing, then the Core Rule books, and in my opinion Core Culture books need to sell. However, looking at the quality of Thunder Rebels, that shouldn't be a problem.

 I personally want Glorantha to live on, I love the world, I love illustrating it, I love the conventions and after the proper health checks I even love the people involved. I think that Issaries are doing a damn fine job,a nd should be applauded. However there is stiff competition out there and if the loyal fan don't buy the books, then who will?

 As to new recruits to the game, If you feel so strongly Jeff, then contact your local dem organiser and volunteer your services. I have! I managed to convert my entire RPG group from RQ, 7th Sea etc to HW. I have gained new recruits, I have been to Gen Con and run demos, I wrote the Hero Wars Tournament for Convulsion and I am writing one for Germany. My friend MArtin has taken the game to local groups and school and I am writing/illustrating/editting a new HW magazien, which is aimed at neophytes. Another member of my group is Mark Galeotti who is also working on the magazine, he is also writing the Heroes Book to level the game at new players. I wear the T-shirts whenever I can, I answer the questions of those who talk wish to talk about it. I menetion Glorantha in my resume, so that even when I go for job interviews I talk to people about Glorantha. I contribute to as many magazines as possible and stuff the world up other rolepalyers noses when possible. I have assisted in the creation of King of Dragon Pass, in the hope that Glorantha will reach the computer generation. For all this work, time and effort (I am also fully employed working 50-60 hr weeks, a father of two and a devoted husband) I have only earned $1500, but I don't care. And what did I do with my money? I bought Glorantha products, i paid a huge phone bill to cover my Internet connections to Gloranthan websites and art materials to do more illustrations.

RANT OVER Simon Bray.