HeroQuest Games at Conception 2006

From: Darran Sims <darransims_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 22:31:04 -0000

Greetings and Salutations
2005-12-06-2230.

Conception 2006. Naish Holiday Village, Highcliffe, Christchurch, Dorset, UK.
Wednesday 1st - Sunday 5th February 2006. http://conception.modus-operandi.co.uk/

I am running the following games at Conception 2006. I am running a game based on the series FireFly and the film Serenity by Buffy's Joss Whedon. I am using the HeroQuest rules system for simplity. Both games are the same scenario but with different players for each the final outcomes should differ. The crew will be the crew of The Betty from Alien 4; Joss Whedon's first stab at a misfit crew of smugglers onboard an old, broken-down ship.

I am also going to run some HeroQuest games set in Glorantha. Using characters from the Orlanthi barbarians set against the mighty Lunar Empire and against over-welming odds. But the things that these characters do not lack is courage and tenacious tendencies [and brains to see when the outlook is bleak]. A rip-roaring adventures await.

Thank you for your time.

Slot 5. Thursday Evening 19:00-23:00
'Echoes in the Black' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims.
Serenity: HeroQuest adventure for 6 players. Age 12+. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

"Ta Ma Duh! Why can't we stick to the gorram plan! I wanted simple, in and out and everything shiny. The job was good, the idents were perfect and the feds were away from the Skyplex.
Then everything has gone south.
Something has been following the Betty. They are keeping their distance, so they aint purple bellies and everytime time we avert course they disappear like echoes in the black. The question is who are they, what do they want and why are they messing up my gorram job?"

+

Slot 6. Friday Morning 09:00-13:00
'A Hanging and a Hunting' by Mick Rowe & Darran Sims narrated by
Darran Sims.
A HeroQuest adventure for 7 players.
Age 12+. Newcomers Very Welcome. Maturity Preferred.

The heroes must help the Clawfoot Clan rid itself of a terrible menace that has been ravaging their lands and killing their clansmen for the last two years. The Beast of Scar-Hill seems immune to all weapons and magic.
How do you kill a creature that will not die?

+

Slot 7. Friday Afternoon 14:00-18:00
'Raid upon Hellbreak' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims.
HeroQuest adventure for up to 7 players. Age 12+. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

Having been constantly attacked and raided by the Hruling clan the Elders of the White Ram clan now seek vengeance and gather their warriors to launch a counter-raid. The sacred village of 'Hellbreak' is the chosen target and the brave band of raiders set off to deliver retribution, however things do not go as planned. They have to deal with roving guards, an Iphara mist and the enigmatic Lord in the Tower before even getting to the village.

+

Slot 9. Saturday Morning 09:00-13:00
'Echoes in the Black' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims.
Serenity: HeroQuest adventure for 6 players. Age 12+. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

"Ta Ma Duh! Why can't we stick to the gorram plan! I wanted simple, in and out and everything shiny. The job was good, the idents were perfect and the feds were away from the Skyplex.
Then everything has gone south.
Something has been following the Betty. They are keeping their distance, so they aint purple bellies and everytime time we avert course they disappear like echoes in the black. The question is who are they, what do they want and why are they messing up my gorram job?"

+

Slot 10. Saturday Afternoon 14:00-18:00
'The Dark Heart of the Dragon Lands' by Darran Sims narrated by
Darran Sims.
HeroQuest adventure for up to 7 players. Age 12+. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

Six years ago the Tarnda clan was abruptly attacked and obliterated by the ferocious Dragonewts for reasons unknown. The only known survivors were the clansmen that weren't there at the time. They have occupied the Tarnda Tula since, fiercely guarding their new acquisition but haven't advanced out into anyone else's territory nor has anyone given any concern to their new neighbours for fear of the same happening to them.
Yet now there are reports that the Dragonewts have packed up and left, returning back to their city. A band of explorers and warriors have been gathered to investigate the deserted villages and to try to discover why the Dragonewts have suddenly left, why they attacked and held this land, and if there is anyone or anything left. However the main question at the back of everyone's head is
'Will the Dragonewts return?'

+

Slot 13. Sunday Afternoon 15:00-19:00
'Into the Trees' by Darran Sims narrated by Darran Sims.
A HeroQuest adventure for 7 players.
Age 12+. Newcomers very welcome. Maturity preferred.

"The Lunars have encroached upon the territory of an allied clan, taking over an abandoned fort southeast of the clan's main settlement of Talask. Two Maran Gori priestesses are missing and are presumed captured by the enemy. They most be recovered at any cost and the Imperials forced to pay!
However trees have sprouted and suddenly grown in the village, they are even growing though the buildings.
Is this some Lunar trickery or is it something more sinister coming from the dark, dark forest?"

+

Cheers,
DARRAN SIMS

Go to Continuum! NOW!!!
http://www.continuum.uk.net
For the Yahoo Group goto:
continuum2006-subscribe_at_yahoogroups.com