Re: An account of King "Blackmoor" of the Colymar

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:10:59 -0000

> Well, yes, I navigate much of Britain by pub, too, but I thought
Sartarite
> inns went out with RQ? Didn't we get told that there's no such
thing, and
> anything claiming to be an inn is actually the locals having a
joke on the
> Lunars?

Inns such as Geo's aren't like RQ taverns. But inns, in which weary travelers could obtain refreshment, date back to Roman times. They were so commonplace in Anglo-Saxon England that in 965 King Edgar decreed that there should be no more than one alehouse per village.

> > Where else do you have Lunar priests gathered close to Kethaela?
> Surely you can move them? It just seems like a long way away, and
in a place
> with no relevant magical connections.

A long way away from where? The City of Wonders? Mirin's Cross or Glamour?

> I thought "my warband's bigger than yours" more or less covered
the law on
> electing a king or chief? Plus the bit about "initiated into the
secrets of
> Orlanth and another deity" and a crown test?

Electing a king or chief, perhaps. But not removing a king or chief. That's always a bit more contested.:)

Jeff