Re: I've mislaid a Rigsdal variant

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 02:42:09 -0000

You haven't misplaced it--there is nothing there (my first PBEM character is a Rigsdal Allfather initiate, too bad the Black Bear never got around to be eaten by the living dead, I really like the character, and would love to have seen how he developed). Anyway, having read both extensively, I'm quite sure there is nothing there.

But this is not surprising--Thunder Rebels was written first, and it was probably not thought out that Rigsdal would be a possible subcult  of Orlanth Allfather. Besides which, I'm sure it is a very uncommon one, and there are probably many niche sub-cults not covered by the book.

By the way, there is a somewhat analaguous case for Ernalda, if you feel like figuring it out ;-)

Personally I did not feel the lack of any bonus feats--but I assumed that the skills of Rigsdal and Orlanth Allfather both applied, so that rich set of awareness skills made it a nice sub-cult already.

As for a bit of myth....well, I could write you something for Christmas, but I'm pretty sure there is nothing official.

--Bryan