Re: Sleepytime Ernalda

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 00:05:57 -0000

Jane says (why am I having flashbacks to Lolapalooza whenever I write that?):

> Ah! So I was right, killing Orlanth does *not* kill Ernalda. OK,
who killed
> her, where, how, and how do I get the PCs into it?

Jane - I think you are over-dissecting things. The rituals and events used to kill Orlanth also kill Ernalda. And OiD makes that perfectly clear.

> Well.... It would be possible to have the fact of her being killed
being
> stated somewhere other than the title, perhaps?

Come on Jane, it is mentioned repeatedly on pages 43-49.

> > Orlanth and Ernalda are a single religion, one dependant upon
> > the other.
> In Esrolia, where she has six (at least) husband-protectors? Would
killing
> off any one of them have the same result?

Nope.

> (shrug) According to official published material, it was the
taking of WW
> that killed Orlanth. If that's going to change, it's a bit late
now, it's
> already embedded in games. And I can't see any dramatic advantage
in
> diluting things. As it is, get the players involved in the fall of
WW,
> they're involved in the death of Orlanth. Start saying "oh, that
wasn't what
> did it really", you're removing their involvement, and that's
never going to
> be a good idea.

Again, I think you are being over-analytical. Multiple things were involved in killing Orlanth, not just the taking of WW. That was just one major component in the ritual.

Jeff