Re: The Missionaries

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 12:20:06 GMT

In message <20051230071352.HAQH1068.aamta10-winn.ispmail.ntl.com_at_homemaster> "Jane Williams" writes:

>There's an interesting hint at the extent to which Gloranthans use magic
>where we'd use basic common sense. "when the Hagolings learned the Elmal
>Verses so they could find ripe fruit in summer and autumn" - ever thought
>of looking on the trees, guys?

Maybe it isn't that easy to tell - is that green fruit an under-ripe lemon or a large lime? Why is that green plum ripe and that one not?

Then again we use magic to determine whether stuff is fresh or not - the supermarket label giving the "best before" or "sell by" date. Though I hope Gloranthan magic is more reliable.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/