RE: Before the Missionaries

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 23:30:31 -0000

> But the important point is that they were INCAPABLE of knowing or
> understanding
> this--and many other things--before the magic and subsequent
> teaching had raised their consciousness to the knowledge.

Now *that* is a fascinating concept, and a completely new one on me. So their understanding, their basic intelligence, had somehow dropped from the standard human level? That explains why the missionaries couldn't just use normal teaching methods, simply telling them "These red things taste nice, those other red things kill you".

But how? And why? And how on the lozenge had they survived the Great Darkness in the that state? Is this something to do with falling back on animal instincts as a method of survival?