Re: An outstanding campaign

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 18:01:45 +0000 (GMT)

> Yet, most of my players do not do any mastering at
> all and I often wonder if they realise how much time
> it takes to get into a game and then prepare the
> sessions.

I think you'll find HQ a pleasant change when it comes to preparation time. This is a bit of a rules answer rather than a RP one, but think of the time it takes to generate an NPC in RQ. Now write down "Thug B (warrior 10W, bad breath 13)"
That's all you need.

I personally find HQ lends itself to the "make it up as you go along" type of campaign, with again very little preparation needed or desirable. That's probably a question of personal taste, of course, but take a look at the thread recently (entitled "Help!", I think) in which we discussed a "scenario" consisting of "all the clan's sheep are lost, go and find them".

Yahoo! Photos � NEW, now offering a quality print service from just 8p a photo http://uk.photos.yahoo.com