Re: Re: An outstanding campaign

From: John Hughes <nysalor_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 22:33:19 +1100

>If you want a good stand alone scenario that is epic, far from D&D
>etc, and your players will not object to playing pre-generated
>characters then take a look at John Hughes "Everything is Thunder"
>http://home.iprimus.com.au/pipnjim/questlines/thunder.html
>- treat the "4 Hours" playing time as a bare minimum -

Thanks for the mention Tim. Yes 'four hours' is about as factual as 'Heroquest - Coming in Summer 1982'. Remember that one?

'Thunder' can *easily* be stretched out into a mini campaign with between eight and sixteen hours playing time. The quickest I've run it (under convention 'fade-to-outcome' conditions and groups concentrating on just one of the main strands) was about six hours. And it shouldn't be difficult to modify it for almost any heroband or group of close clansfolk.

My main reason for this post, however, is to note that Questlines is now *officially* at

http://mythologic.info/questlines/

and that the Everything Is Thunder page (with descriptions, character sheets and scenario files) is at

http://mythologic.info/questlines/thunder.html

I stopped paying for the old address nearly two years ago: the ISP has yet to take it down.

'What could move a Heortling more than matters of the heart? Midst the wild uplands of the Far Place, a chief would wed a chief, and a young cattle raider the woman of his dreams. The champion Karim Wildspear and his stormy offspring must negotiate these matchings to bind peace between two long-feuding clans. They will face courtship and contest, murder and mayhem, romance and riot, a surfeit of boasting, fire-lit feasts, a magic bull, an insatiable goddess, a very sick bear, a Vingan vow, suitors and bad poetry aplenty, plus the mystery and power of the Spear 'Courage', fabulous weapon of Odayla Gorswalker.'

Cheers

John

nysalor_at_...                  John Hughes
Questlines: http://mythologic.info/questlines/

  May God us keep
  From Single vision and Newton's sleep!