Re: An outstanding campaign

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:21:09 -0800

Vlad

>Recent example of difficulties to find a suitable date to play and
>then some repoachful words on how difficult for them it is to
>remember the last game have somewhat damage my enthusiasm to spend
>hours of reading and plotting.

I strongly encourage the keeping of some sort of game log. I think it's a lot easier if a player does this -- players create much more detailed records than I do of my game. Some of those I took are at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha/dawnAge/>. I found that it's much easier for me if I use a laptop at the actual game, compared to writing it up later.

I haven't needed to do so, but you could always give the player who keeps the log some sort of game reward, like +1 Read/Write for their character. (On a similar note, if anyone in my game creates a myth, their character gets +1 in Mythology of <that deity>.)

As for Griffin Mountain, the reprint is excellent. I've always felt that GM is the best roleplaying supplement ever, for its usefulness and flexibility. You would need to convert to HeroQuest rules, but it's not all that difficult, given how HQ works.

As for Riskland (the campaign in Dorastor: Land of Doom), I think that's a good change of pace from D&D as well. We had fun with it. Sadly, I think this is entirely out of print.

--

David Dunham