Re: Cycles

From: Nils Weinander <nils_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:32:44 +0100

Peter:

>> the Kralorelan calendar counts the year in six seven-week
>> months. What moon is that referring to?
>
> God(unya) knows. My guess is that it's a poetic translation
> to avoid confusion with seasons but there is some highly
> speculative (ie madcap) theory about the Red Moon of
> Godtime having a cycle that was seven weeks in length.

Ah yes, Stephen Martin published an article with a theory that the Red Moon's period has changed between seven weeks and one wek through myth/history, with the next step being a zero week period, i.e. always full once Sedenya has won the cosmic struggle. Might be a madcap theory, but it is rather neat!

Nils Weinander
We sail on a ship made of dreams