Re: Re: Mykka

From: donald_at_...
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:05:00 GMT

In message <drd6u3+dfuq_at_...> "nichughes2001" writes:
>wrote:
>
>> I do, however, like the idea that successive similar
>> feats resisting temptation could build up into the
>> final successful roll. That way Josh can have
>> positive mods to what might otherwise be an extremely
>> difficult task.
>
>Having a theme for the key stages could be worthwhile, it helps
>to tie them together. For example in Gaiman's reworking of Orpheus
>for Sandman[1] there was a theme of there always being rules and
>conditions attached to any aid from the gods - break the rule and
>the gift would backfire in some way.

Anything involving Ky Tora Kek is certainly going to have a price and conditions. She'll probably argue that the correct thing to do would be to allow her to send Mykka's ghost to the underworld - that's where it belongs.

Having said that there must be some reason why a KTK priestess hasn't done this before now. So that's the lever for the PC to get KTK to make thing right the way they want.

So we've got:
1. Find out why KTK hasn't sent the ghost on. 2. Get access to the place where Asrelia/KTK's place on the

   Hero Plane - that's usually through the earth temple. How    many PCs are going to allowed there?
3. Haggle with KTK to accept a valuable gift in exchange for

   her help.
4. Have a Babeester Gori protecting the body - the PC has to

   act as Orlanth to convince her to let him get the body. If    he fights her he wins but then she drinks her own blood and    reappears stronger than before to attack him again. Only    when he starts persuading does he get anywhere. 5. Follow KTK's instructions exactly to get Mykka restored

   to life with various incentives to deviate.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/