Re: All the Worlds...Which is Which???

From: Rob <robert_m_davis_at_...>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 08:24:08 -0000

Hi

Greg is the master but I'll have a go using my Glorantha metaphysics 13! :^D

HQ Page 193 gives a diagram of the otherworlds, and how they interconnect. I think this is fundemental.

Now, the world that your characters live in Sartar, Pavis or wherever, is the everything world. Look at that diagram and substitute Gods War for Everything world.

NOw think of the underworld. Look at the diagram and substitute Gods War for Underworld. This underworld is the same as the everything world. You can actually go there, much like the lightbringers did. Now, look at that diagram and change the word world with hell, and you see how it all intersects.

Here is something I would like clarification on;

There are three levels of Heroquest, Practice, Hero Plane and God Plane. The last two happen in the otherworld, the first in the mundane, or everything world. The last two occur in the the otherowrld everything world of the gods war, before time when the gods were active. They represent different levels of challenges and thus benefits. Ie if you want to renew a life of a clan you do a LBQ in the hero plane, if you want to save the world you go to the God Plane.

Thus humans generally can't do hq's on the god plane and succeed? Or not?

Regards
Rob