Re: Re: All the Worlds...Which is Which???

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:08:31 +0000 (GMT)

> >Community support bonus from every living Humakti
> on
> >the lozenge. (Yeah, I know, all the ones in Sartar
> are
> >PCs :) )
> >
> >More community support from all the *dead* Humakti,
> >the ones in his ein-cantspellit-jar.
>
> That doesn't add up to all that much - total support
> from
> say 8,000 living Humatki gives an extra two
> masteries
> and a million dead ones gives an extra five and a
> half.
> Personally I don't think the numbers are that high.

Seven and a half masteries "doesn't add up to much"??

Andrew may well be right that we shouldn't count the living ones, but the dead ones?

> >Pick your game's preferred number of augments - say
> >three abilities from a Warrior keyword, "brave,
> >tough", and so on. All at W10 again, so you add an
> >extra mastery for each of those.
>
> It isn't quite as simple as that, Humakt is a
> warrior in
> Sartar but in at least one place he's an assassin
> and I'm
> sure there's somewhere he's an executioner. I guess
> if
> you confront the whole god you get the lot but you
> usually
> just confront the part that appears in your culture.

So pick the three skills from the keyword that this version of Humakt has got and that affect this contest.

> I'm not sure a god gets keywords at the godlike
> values,
> otherwise Humakt would get "Guard Camp" at W10 which
> would put him on a par with Rigsdal, maybe higher
> because Rigsdal is a fairly minor god.

And quite possibly that's the right value, though I'm not insisting on it. Humakt delegates these things, sometimes because the underling is better at it, sometimes just because he's got other things to do.

> The book does say "Best Magical Ability" so I think
> Humakt
> would have "Sever Spirit" at W10, other affinities
> at W8 or
> W9 and relevant mundane abilities somewhere in the
> region of W5.

Could be, though seems a bit low to me. I'd say his problem is more that anything *not* in that keyword, he doesn't even get at 6.

> >Three affinities - ditto.
> >
> >Equipment bonuses? Think that sword of his might
> add a few?
>
> So you confront him when Eurmal has stolen death.

(nods) And that's why I count the Big Sword as a bonus - he can only use it when he's got it. Mind you, if your reason for beating himself is to nick it, it needs to be there to be taken. Risk proportional to reward, and so on.

> Only if you challenge a god in his area of
> expertise. If
> you challenge Humakt to a riddling contest he's
> going to
> be on something like 13 with his Truth affinity as a
> penalty rather than a bonus.

As RR says, I doubt it.

But I also doubt if he'd default to using his Kill Things as a defence. You're not threatening him, so his Honour (assuming that version of Humakt) would stop him. Challenge him to an embroidery contest, he just ignores you.

If you want a non-lethal challenge, a game of chess is a traditional answer (be careful, he's good at it).

Thinking about how Humakt's been defeated in the past, you may be best off looking at the "Eurmal nicks Death" approach, and just hoping the consequences get delayed a bit.