RE: Heroquest/Spiritquest/Essence Plane

From: Tony Davis <gallows_brother_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:18:18 -0800 (PST)

See, in my head, that's kinda how wizardry essence quests work, but a sorcerous quest would be something like:

"Now I have to envision the correct angle for the locus to interact with the focus and then dangle this reagent over this particular zurb of the glorg."

And so on.

It would be like walking into a non-euclidian geometry book and the magick would happen when you finally 'get it.'

t.

> So my thought was to look at western monotheistic
> myths to figure out what a
> wizardry myth might be like. The myths that occur to
> me are things like
> Archangel Michael tosses Lucifer, St. George Slays
> the Dragon, The Holy
> Grail, the myth of the Golem, etc. I find that
> though, yes, the quests of
> all of these forms involve the same human issues (as
> Prof. Campbell would
> point out avidly), there is still an aesthetic
> that's unique to each, and
> even themes that tend to be more prominent in one
> than the other.

Do You Yahoo!?