Re: Carrying subjecivity WAY too far

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:01:04 +0000 (GMT)

> > On the subject of questors encountering other
> questors
> > on the HeroPlane: do they all see the same thing,
> or not?
>
> Please see any published HQ. Where it says they see
> something different, assume
> that the text is correct. If it doesn't say that,
> use common sense.

Unfortunately no published HQ springs to mind where the participants (or opponents!) are of different magical types - all the ones I've found are either pure theist or pure spiritist.

> > My tentative thoughts would be that each sees what
> > they expect to see, which will not be the same.
>
> Why in the world would this even be a possibility?

Because people using different types of magic see magic in different ways, using different senses. We know the classic example of several different religions looking at the Sun and seeing their own sun god - it seems possible that this concept would extend further.

> You seem to have lost the point that the HER PLANE
> is a place that exists in its
> own right, which is th Everything World.

Sure, but the means of perceiving it varies. Blind men and the elephant, etc. We know participants aren't seeing what's actually there, they see "Zorak Zoran", not "Ug the troll down the road with a red cloak on". Perception being affected by magic, and by the nature of the place.