Re: Re: Carrying subjecivity WAY too far

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:31:51 +0000 (GMT)

Yes but...

Won't most cultures know something about other cultures, especially the cross-over myths, precicely because they will have (collectively) been sucked into the myth everytime it is performed. This will just get added to the list of grudges "anther reason we hate XXX is that their stupid god keeps on trying to beat us up. Well next time we'll be prepared and show him the error of his ways."

Gavain

I'm assuming here that not all members of a culture know all the stories of that culture. The major ones, yes, but not the minor.

So say a Vingan is doing a "Vinga beats up a troll" story. She sucks in a passing troll. Yes, there is a
"ZZ gets beaten up by Vinga" story, but there's no
reason why this troll (not a ZZ worshipper) should know it. Does he "recognise" it as being part of a story he *does* know, and see things as fitting that?
"Argan Argar tricks the stupid human (gender
unspecified)", or something?