Re: HQ mixed magic and leadership (was Re: Carrying subjecivity WAY too far)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:25:41 +0000 (GMT)

> Actually, the sample quest in the _HeroQuest_
> rulebook

Ah, yes, I keep forgetting that one. It's so different in feel and setting from all the rest, and with that cringe-makingly awful GM and players.

> For example (if I remember correctly)
> characters from the
> "wrong" magic system in that sample quest are
> uncomfortable when the
> party is in the God World (because of the Alien
> World penalty), but OK
> once they get to the Hero Plane.

Hmm, I wonder? The HeroPlane is a mixture of all three forms of magic, yes, but I get the impression it isn't an even mix. If a theist was in an area that was strongly Essence, say, would they feel vaguely uncomfortable?