Re: Anyone have a Krarsht magic keyword?

From: Lightcastle <light.castle_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 17:41:29 -0500

The Waiting Mouth
The Hungry One
The Devouring Mother

Greetings and Salutations

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 2:59 pm, Santo Sengupta wrote:
> Depending on how mean of a Narrator you feel like being, Krarsht can also
> has the rune of Fate.

Interesting, where is that from?
Lords of Terror seems to imply she has been linked to change as well (and that she is more amorphous and tentacled, while I had thought her like a giant krarshtkid)

> It would be fitting to have her have many Secrets and subcults. . The
> Krarshti Witch in my Lunar Campaign has a Secret that allows her to
> summon/heroform *really* big Krarshtkids. (Mastery 3+.)

The more I think about it, the more I think subcults of some kind is the way to go.

> I'm not sure about the sense chaos thing..
> Pretty much all civilized cultures hate them, but most criminal
> organizations have some kind of connection, however shadowy, to one of
> them.

Yeah, I took that from what I remembered from Thieves Arm, but upon a reread it is pretty clear that's not a good choice.

No idea if they have specific Disadvantages. Possibly some sort of weakness against Uroxi, who defeated Krarsht in godtime.

> *************************************
> YGWV, but I believe Chaos is its own Otherworld (the Teshnans refer to it
> as the 6th World), and using a Lunar-like Magic system would make some
> sense. Krarshtides as Spirits makes a lot of sense, and you could even have
> Krarshtkids as Divine Companion/Spirit Ally/Familiar like thing.

Exactly.

What are the various names of Krarsht?
The Devouring Mother
The Waiting Maw
The Hungry One

These could be subcults.

In fact, if you go the multiple magics because it is Chaos route, you could do something like:

Spell: Brew Pratzim. True Net.

Then you have subcults that have a single affinity such as the ones previous. One could be the physical krarshtkid stuff like eating, acid, burrowing, the tongue thing, etc.
Another could be the Assassin stuff
Another could be more societal things.

Krarshtkids as spirit allies, and Krarshtides as fetishes? (maybe not, as fetishes are probably fairly easy to detect magically, and krarshti tend to be concealed.)

I can't remember who originally asked for this, but I hope this has provided things to work with?
LC