Re: Anyone have a Krarsht magic keyword?

From: Lightcastle <light.castle_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 00:12:13 -0500

I am happy to give up the "goddess of assassins". Having read more it is clear that it should be a hero cult. Her assassins just seem to be particularly feared, seeing as they are the Rune Lords of the cult in all the write ups I could find.
 But I have to say I have looked at everything I could manage to find on Krarsht. They all seem to make her every bit as much about corrupting society as about digging and eating things. This seems to be the lesson she learned from the struggles of Godtime. Be secret. Be patient. Move such that none can find you and none may follow. Now, I obviously don't have nearly as many Gloranthan resources as you, so I am quite happy to discover that there are many versions of the cult I have not read. But from what I have read it seems that she should provide the physical abilities of her Krarshtkids, and the corrupting influence that is her raison d'etre. It does seem from Cults of Terror that the original idea of the Jaws was not as just assassins, but that they take contracts to do things that further chaos and Krarsht's goals, thus further supporting the idea that there could be a number of subcults.

I suppose one solution is to restrict Krarsht's magics to those physical Krarsht things with the idea that she adds on to some other god you worship. Including even the idea that she can hide you from spirits of reprisal or something.

It's late, I'd have to think that through tomorrow.

LC

LC