Re: Anyone have a Krarsht magic keyword?

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:43:11 +1300

At 10:20 AM 3/9/2006 -0800, you wrote:

> But, since is the game list, hopefully we have provided whoever asked
> the question something useful for their game. The fact remains that in
> the game (as far as I can tell), Krarsht has had all this corruption and
> assassination as the structure of her cult. As more important than the
> "she eats things" part, it seems.

But the suggested social corruption magics makes about as much sense in her mythology as the cult of Lanbril. If you want to make good cults, think of the god
first and what it does, rather than add feats and affinities like kitchen sinks.

> I understand gods have been fairly dramatically rewritten before (I
> believe the introduction of Rigsdal and the alteration of Babeester Gor
> come to mind.) but I think it is usually better to try to work within
> what we have as legacy from the game. (Obviously, that isn't always possible.)

If we are going to go by the legacy then the RQ3 cult (in Lords of Terror) had no Image
Creation, No Defend Against Law and No Sense Order magics. They did have bribery
and disguise but those were _skills_ rather than divine magics.

--Peter Metcalfe