Re: Chaos Magic

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 16:26:34 -0800

----->
> These guys were definitely Theist. At least, they thought they were. Only
as
> far as I know there is no god called Oilamley, so it must have been some
> sort of chaotic god lying to them.

Err, charlatans *do* exist in Glorantha, with no need for an Otherworld being (chaotic or otherwise) to feed energy to. All the energy put into worhipping the "god" in question might be simply wasted effort, or might be part of a scam to "feed" the mortal head of the cult (maybe giving him enough oomph to attain god-like powers through heroquesting).

Just because a magico-religious framework exists aound an item, it doesn't mean that the substance of the item is Otherworldly...

RR
- Richelieu