Gloranthan Charlatans (was Re: Chaos Magic)

From: nichughes2001 <nicolas.h_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:33:39 -0000

A little bit of unfamiliar common magic, a lot of fast-talking, an offer that is too good to be true. Not so different really.

> I think I am actually dealing with a charlatan in one game I'm in --
> I'd like to get an idea of some clues he might drop.

You could try http://www.howcultswork.com/ or similar sources. As con artists I would also suggest something like http://www.nasaa.org/investor_education/nasaa_fraud_center/436.cfm.

Unless you want Gloranthan human nature to be very different then its con artists will not be very different. Of course if the charlatans are working dragonewt society then all bets are off on how they operate :)

--
Nic