Re: Flying Magic in HeroQuest

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 15:38:33 -0000

Yep, pretty cool, eh? Mind you, to use it actively you have to release the spirit from the fetish, so it isn't something to use on a whim.

Mind you, I think this should not be too hard in general--I don't think flying is on the difficult magic list, so general purpose 'sky' should only have a resistance of 14. Some pieces of sky may be more resistant of course!

I think this might be a useful augment for crossing over on heroquests, with the imagery being the hero galloping up into the sky world!

Note that this could potentially let you gallop through "sky" in some interesting extrapolations. Like a barrier made of sky metal (although if you fail, you'd do a good Coyote imitation), or maybe even through a formation of 'sky warriors' (isn't yelmalio sometimes called the sky dome or something like that?).

Overall one of those abilities that a creative player could have a lot of fun with!

--Bryan