Re: Male Entertainers

From: TTrotsky_at_...
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 06:54:50 EST

Nick Eden:

<< Next Question: Entertainers are a female profession? I find that
surprising - the male Eurmal archetype always seemed a strong one. Anyone know why it's wrong?>>

     While the Ernaldan subcult of entertainers is, of course, a female one, the cults of Donandar and Eurmal allow both men and women, AFAIK. Eurmali entertainers do exist, according to TR, but I don't think they're at all common - both Donandar and Skovara are more prominent.

     Even if one accepts the version presented in TR, remember that 15% of low entertainers will be male anyway, just as some skalds will be women. Personally, I expect that, in this case, the proportion is well over 15%, and may even approach 50%, regardless of what's considered socially proper. Its hardly as if low entertainers are mainstream members of society, anyway.

<<Say, what is the Orlanthi 'some' anyway?>>

     'More than 15%, but less than 85%', presumably.

Trotsky