Inverted, Perverse Heroic Journeys

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:10:15 -0000

Bad guys need myths too!

My game's heroes are about to intrude into a Thanatari ritual quest designed to consume the mind of Kira Sun Kian, the Shining Knife of Judgement of Somash Endi Varo. (He's essentially the chief justice of the Teshnan Supreme Court. In my game, anyway.)

He also happens to be the Main Hero's first nemesis.

So I can frame the action, I've written up the following quest and, being quite pleased with its depraved and evil take on the Heroic Cycle, thought I would share it with you all.

Atyar and the Captive's Trust

**This is the only twist I gave to the standard heroic cycle notation.

I hope you like it,

We'll see what happens tonight when Garusharp Banaru, Edge Walker of the Zanozar Temple to Vaneesha Kan Sa, faces Ro Rogach the Horned Ogre Priest, Sess the Four (as in Four bound heads) and the mysterious Dass, identified as Chsa Glut's chief agent in Teshnos as Dass attempts to complete the ritual in order to ultimately replace Kira Sun Kian on the Wheel of Governance.

The fact that Garusharp Banaru himself handed Kira Sun Kian over to Dass makes this all the more exciting.

Mike Dawson