Re: Loskalm

From: Antonio Álvarez del Cuvillo <antalvarez1976_at_...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:07:08 -0000

Many thanks also to Greg...

>Actually the Abiding Bok is NOT a major Loskalm scripture.
>Hrestol's religion [...] They conquered the land and set up their
>church and government, but were eventually defeated by old times
>who subsequently rejected the Abiding Book in favor of their own
>old scriptures. Siglat's Dream is the most important single
>scripture, being the most recent and the one used to unify the
>kingdom during the Closing and Syndic's Ban.

So, the Abiding Book is not in the keyword of New Hrestoli Church?

I always had understood that the Abiding Book remained as the principal scripture despite the defeat of the conquerers, but I don't know why. There is a reference to the Abiding Book in postgodlearner  Fronela in Revealed Mythologies (p. 16), but it is not very clear for me.

Certainly, the write-up of Ozur Bay Homeland in Men of the Seas mentions the Abiding Book it's a simplification for easy game play (a book similar to Abiding Book, mutatis mutandis). Anyway, as my intention is to run a one or two sesions game (later, we'll see), the simplification is fine

Regards,

Antonio