Re: getting messages sent to a new email

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 20:31:01 +0100 (BST)

> Does anyone know if there is a way to simply sign
> up with an email directly,
> as opposed to making a yahoo account and then
> telling it to use an alternate address?

Yes, but....

> Besides the fact that Yahoo was most unhelpful in
> me getting back my original
> yahoo address when it was phished, it seems it
> refuses to let me verify this
> 3web address. It just never sends me the
> verification email.

FWIW, I've heard of other people having this sort of problem recently. There may be some basic issue with Yahoo Groups at present causing problems here. I know they're changing the way things work, they may have introduced a temporary bug.

Oh, and should it be of interest, there's a Yahoo Group set up specifically to help owners and moderators solve problems: