Re: An example of interferring with someone else's rituals

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_...>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 17:07:49 -0000

> > I thought I'd post an example of player characters interferring
with
> > their enemy's rituals.
> Interesting, Jeff: thanks for sharing!

No problem - I try to share things I find interesting that arise in our house Seattle Farmers game.

> What's the mechanic and nature of this 'crossover'? Which magic does
> Korlmhy wield to disturb the enemy's ritual? What's the resistance?

Here's how I staged this - the crossover was simply the ordinary effort to crossover and participate in their own tribal rites on Lawstaff Day (i.e. a 10M3 resistance). They then engaged in a contest of Queen Leika's kingship magic (augmented by the players and their community) against King Kangarl's magic (augmented by his supporters and their community, and later heavily augmented by the Lunars).

I'm not a huge fan of systemized rules mechanics for these sorts of events - I think too many people reason through the rules, rather than let the rules simply model what you want.

Jeff