Re: Re: An example of interferring with someone else's rituals

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 19:37:01 +0100 (BST)

> > What's the mechanic and nature of this
> 'crossover'? Which magic does
> > Korlmhy wield to disturb the enemy's ritual?
> What's the resistance?
>
> Here's how I staged this - the crossover was simply
> the ordinary
> effort to crossover and participate in their own
> tribal rites on
> Lawstaff Day (i.e. a 10M3 resistance). They then
> engaged in a contest
> of Queen Leika's kingship magic (augmented by the
> players and their
> community) against King Kangarl's magic (augmented
> by his supporters
> and their community, and later heavily augmented by
> the Lunars).

Nice!

And from the sound of that, the logic of "meeting" on the HeroPlane was because both groups were after the same prize (kingship) at the same time. They were bound to meet. Makes all that business of ambushing, when paths are narrative rather than physical, a lot easier to understand.

Switch an email account to Yahoo! Mail, you could win FIFA World Cup tickets. http://uk.mail.yahoo.com