Re: Thunder Rebels

From: Charles Corrigan <glorantha_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 16:06:57 -0000

Rolled 1 on my Understand Posting - I don't get the point about the 'urban myth' - please explain. For what it's worth, I think that the puppet shows are even more influential in rural communities than in urban communities...

But thinking further about the Puppet Shows and their importance. Almost no Orlanthi men understand how important this is - they all want their stories sung by the High Entertainers at drunken male bonding sessions.

But a very few Ernaldans, particularly those in the Leader/Queen aspect, know full well what is going on. And therefore the Low Entertainers are not just tolerated but encouraged to "entertain" the children despite their (possibly (un)deserved) reputation for loose morals. An I can see the occasional conflict arising where a mother, who initially refuses to let her children be influenced by "these loose hussy's", being quietly taken aside by the Chief Priestess and told that that is the way it must be. She objects and starts spreading rumours about the immoral Chief Priestess...

I see Fire, Dark and Storm seasons as being puppet show prime times. The summer blockbuster lives - in Sartar.

regards,
Charles