Re: Anamists in Dragon Pass

From: Gavain Sweetman <gavain.sweetman_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 14:36:23 +0100 (BST)

Oops. Sorry I pressed the wrong thiing and posted before I had finished.

[A great deal of information :-) ]

Me:
Thanks for the info.

I think my thoughts were more along the lines of what can you do with spirits you encounter on your travels rather that what restrictions are there to the practices you can join.

So you are doing the "haunted house" senario and using your spirit face persuade the big bad spirit to stop bothering you. What are your options?

  1. You could banish it back to the spirit plane. What skill is appropriate?
  2. You make it promise not to come back to this place again. I guess a final condition of the Spirit Face contest.
  3. Its just misunderstod and is actually quite friendly and you want to befriend it. Bind it in the fetish using some improvised [spirit] relationship?
  4. Its not friendly, but it would be cool to have a Fear spirit to scare your kid brother with. Use some other skill to force the binding?

Could you develop a Bind Foreign Spirit skill.

But again from your reasoning anything too far away from your Tradition will cause lots of problems with your normal spirits leaving in disgust.

Gavain