Re: Second Age Map

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 11:14:45 +1200

At 03:56 PM 5/24/2006 +0000, you wrote:

>I just found out that Mongoose publishing has put up a map of Second
>Age at
>http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/rqgloranthamap.jpg

Some errors. The best source is the Uz Lore.

There's only supposed to be one set of Vadeli Isles.

Old Trade in Brithos should be bigger.

The Fronelan Coastline is wrong (it was deformed during the Syndic's Ban).

"Gaird" in Peloria should be "Saird".

The Kingdom of Ignorance is misplaced - it should be further up the coastline and in its place, the Kingdom of Wisdom. (Strictly speaking, it could still be right but for the presence of Balazar on the same map

The Hum Chang and Fanzai were separate from the mainland and the Suam Chow did exist at this time.

There are other things that stick out like Valine being better known as Bija and Dagori Inkerin but I'll refrain from describing them as errors. I'm not sure that Haragala was so prominent in the Imperial Age though.

--Peter Metcalfe