Tentacles X: Germany beckons

From: Fabian Kuechler <fabian_at_...>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 20:34:56 +0200

TENTACLES NEWS POST
Volume 7, Number 3, May 2006

~~ S l u r p F o l k s ! ~~

Welcome to the May Tentacles News Post, featuring all the latest Tentacles news and views. Feel free to forward this newsletter to friends, allies and sworn enemies. If you do not want to receive this newsletter, or have a new email address please send notification to: fabian_at_...

~ G e r m a n y B e c k o n s ~

'Germany beckons.
Old castle, village, horror.
Tentacles stories.'

In Sanity,
Charlie

Did I mention the stars are right? Oh, yes! It is not only 10 years of Tentacles but also 25 years of Call of Cthulhu, 20 years of Call of Cthulhu in Germany, 750 years of Dreieich and the release of 'Hawkmoon' which was 10 years in the making. And it is only 1 more week to Tentacles X...

We are booked solid, the FreeForms are full, our guests are looking forward for their horrible Tentacles Jetlag(TM), 'Ybot 6' and 'Under the Red Moon: ILH 2' are at the printers, the programme and games are live on the website, Charlie has sent Harris Ranch Barbecue Spice, air has been pumped into the tires of the Tentacles Shuttle Bus, the beer is eagerly waiting to be put in the fridge by experienced, well-trained, gentle German hands, the Kebab chef is sharpening his knife, the Tentacles team is looking forward to your birthday gifts to the convention. Everything moves according to plan - all under the watchful eyes of the Falke. No problem.

Fabian (off to print another army of refreshing Beercards(TM))

P.S.: We also have a price for the person who can show off the most Tentacles Badges! So bring them and display them proudly!

~ T h e P r o g r a m m e ~

ttp://www.tentacles-convention.de/next.htm

~ T h e G a m e s ~

http://www.tentacles-convention.de/roleplaying_games.html

~ Y e B o o k e o f T e n t a c l e s 6: C e l e b r a t e ! ~

Hot off the presses, the Chaos Society is proud to present YBOT 6: The Tentacles Festschrift. We are very proud to be the very first of the new Glorantha fan publications under the Boldhome Press logo!

Released in time to celebrate the tenth Tentacles convention in June 2006, YBOT 6 is overflowing with crunchy roleplaying goodness.

The collection features 96 pages of HeroQuest, Call of Cthulhu, Stormbringer, genre fiction, interviews and old fashioned roleplaying celebration, all wrapped in a stunning Lunar-theme cover from Dan Barker.

What will you find in YBOT 6?

YBOT 6 — 96 pages of roleplaying goodness from the Chaos Society. With tentacles. And umlauts.

And coming in Autumn 2006: YBOT 7, the Scenario Special. HeroQuest, Stormbringer, Pendragon, Call of Cthulhu. Noble squires, outlaw knights, champions infernal, cashed-up cultists, parroty pirates, Teshnan apes, noirish Uz, hairy Heortlings, a very cold winter, the siege of Whitewall, and more tentacles than you can shake a pseudopod at!

You can order Ybot 6 soon at:

        http://www.tradetalk.de

~ T h e G r e a t T e n t a c l e s T o m b o l a ~

To celebrate our anniversary we will host 'The Great Tentacles Tombola'! Make sure you try your luck to gain the previous game products of our sponsors!

~ T h e T e n t a c l e s T r i c k s t e r S e m i n a r ~

We want you to participate in a new Glorantha event at Tentacles X. Send in questions, topics and intersting theories about Glorantha you want Greg Stafford to answer, explain of comment on.

All of them will be placed inside the Tricksters bag and randomly drawn by Greg at the Tentacles Trickster Seminar.

We already have an *very* interesting array of questions but we want more! Let's see if we can add 1 or 2 questions to the famous '8 Questions that Greg will not answer'!

The transcript of the Seminar will be published in the Tentacles fund-raiser Ybot 7.

The audience will choose a favorite and the sender which will be rewarded with a FREE residential place at Tentacles in 2007 or a Tentacles Poloshirt! So make sure you add your name and email address.

There is no limitations for the number of entries per person.

Please send your entires in an email with the subject:

        Tentacles Trickster Seminar

        fabian_at_...

~ T e n t a c l e s M e m b e r s h i p L i s t ~

Anderson, Paul
Arts, Tressy
Auribeau, Phil
Ayotte, Kat
Barker, Dan
Baumgart, Pummel
Baumgartner, Joerg
Bauss, Charlotte
Beck, Michael
Becker, Dirk
Berberich, Roland
Boettcher, Ines
Bray, Simon
Brooke, Nick
Buckley, Mark
Corrigan, Charles
Croxatto, Remy
Czygowski, Tobias
Davison, Nick
Davison, Gemma
Derks, Oliver
Dincher, Bastian
Dotor, Alexander
Drawert, Stefan

Driver, Colin
Driver, Darren
Dunham, David
Durupt, Jean

Dzcieciol, Andrè
Ehrlich, Sandra
Einsporn, Christian
Eisenmann, Brigitte
Eisenmann, Marc
Ekert, Niko
Entelmann, Bernd
Euler, Timo
Fahey, Daniel
Fehl, Thomas
Ferguson, Alex
Fork, Sven
Frerichs, Chrissi
Frerichs, Jandirk
Geiger, Markus
Gerst, Julia
Gibb, Mike
Goldbach, Tina
Gordon, David
Gordon, Beverley
Gorlick, Ian
Grebel, Desiree
Groen, Ruben in't
Hahn, David
Hardt, Florian
Harrison, Matt
Hawley, Martin
Helgadottir, Heidveig
Hibbs, Phil
Hibbs, Simon
Hinrichsen, Heike
Hinrichsen, Nils
Hoftijzer, Bazz
Hohendahl, Detlef
Hoehne, Thomas
Isensee, Dirk
Ives, David
Jardine, Lewis
Jarosch, André
Jarosch, Debora
Kirkham, David

Klass, Christian
Knierim, Sascha
Knochenmuß, Sven
Kotsch, Gunnar
Krank, Charlie
Krank-McLean, Meghan
Kroeger, Peer
Kuechler, Fabian
Kuckuck, Philipp
Kunkel, Anja
Kutschan, Michael
Lang, Rolf
Langeveld, Henk
Langeveld, Stefan
Lewis, Meriel
Liebsch, Ronny
Lindholm, Johan
Loroff, Claudia
Martens, Jennifer
Marx, Sabine
Matthews, Vincent
Matzke, Michael
McDonald, Edward
Meints, Rick
Meißner, Nils
Meißner, Matthias
Mohring, Claudia
Mott, Gwen
Mueller, Lukas
Mueller, Andreas
Naumann, Folker

Newman, Stuart
Newport, Newt
Nixon, Matt
Nolte, Sven
Nordmann, Torsten
Nowak, Kaatje
Nowak, Marc
Ottmann, Martin
OEzmen, Verda
Payne, Chris
Peker, Jann-Hauke
Petersen, Sandy
Petersen, Lincoln
Petersen, Spencer

Pittelkow, Andreas
Place, Alison
Poeser, Martina
Rawcliffe, Julia
Rawcliffe, Kelly
Reimers-Rawcliffe, Lutz
Richard, Jeff
Rodebuecher, Kevin
Roelver, Nadine
Sassenberg, Karsten
Schade, Sara
Schille, Claudia
Schlake, Patrick
Schmid, Andreas
Schmidt, Torge
Schmidt, Oliver
Schoettmer, Holger
Schuler, Sebastian
Schwinghammer, Alexander
Smith, Adrian
Snoeren, Juergen
Stafford, Greg
Stanke, Daniel
Steines, Jan Christoph
Stemmer, Torsten
Steuck, Arne
Strasen, Carsten
Taylor, Jeff
Taylor, Joanne
Thiemann, Holger
Tillack, Carsten
Traemann, Nina
Treimer, Bianca
Trettin, Axel R.
Trotsky
Tschinke, Ingo
Tschirnschnitz, Dirk
van Krieken, John
Vincon, Volker
Vogt, Arwed
Watkins, Vanessa
Whitaker, Loz
Wilkens, Thorsten
Woebse, Birte
Ziviani, Pedro

~ Griffin Mountain Cast ~

  1. Johan Lindholm - Sylvanthi Brighteyes
  2. Nick Brooke - Halcyon Var Enkorth
  3. Mike Gibb - Captain Caprus
  4. Nick Davison - Running Dog
  5. Lewis Jardine - King Yalaring
  6. Alison Place - Zix Porub
  7. Ian Gorlick - Blueface the Shaman
  8. Ingo Tschinke - Torath Manover
  9. Tressy Arts - Marusa the Shrew
  10. Dave Ives - King Skilfil Heartpiercer
  11. Jeff Richard - Ogolorph Windshaper
  12. Claudia Loroff - Williarna Strongbow
  13. Charlotte Bauss - Starnia Stormrender
  14. Daniel Fahey - Gareeki Chaz
  15. Beverley Gordon - Bodoni Boldface
  16. Michael Beck - Seridon Danzer
  17. Adrian Smith - King Sylveius
  18. Andre Jarosch - Eagle Eye Gjorni
  19. Simon Hibbs - Kirur Son of Light
  20. Newt Newport - Stenn the Strong
  21. Philippe Auribeau - Errap Barbacon
  22. Debora Jarosch - Pine Daughter
  23. Charles Corrigan - Cyriel Endelkar
  24. David Dunham - Polonthi Dog-Caller
  25. Nils Meissner - Rockheart Veinseeker
  26. Kat Ayotte - Gerag Midem the Troll Queen
  27. Desiree Grebel - Dushi Sone
  28. Joerg Baumgartner - Boshbisil
  29. Dan Barker - Xam Dam
  30. Gwen Mott - Queen Jocestis
  31. Trantva Nevermeer - Eucleia Stormfollower
  32. Darren Driver - Waddle Greenbeak
  33. Thomas Fehl - Prince Karazar
  34. Timo Euler - Valka Runewulf
  35. Kevin Rodenbucher - Markhor Mhelm.
  36. OPEN SLOT - Gondo Holst (Contact: SIMONBRAYUK(at)aol.com)
  37. Sara Schade - Ven Mar of Garsting

~ M a c h t s g u t u n d d a n k e

f u e r d i e B a n a n e n C a st ~

  1. Holger Schoettmer - Bishma
  2. Janni Steines - Dehalo
  3. Holger Thielmann - Bahrada
  4. Andreas Mueller - Somashasra
  5. Roland Berberich - Sura Tang
  6. Claudia Mohring - Rukmini
  7. Karsten Sassenberg - Suniva
  8. Michael Matzke - Jaschoda

~ S p a c e S t a t i o n Z a n z i b a r 2 C a s t ~

Alien Queen - Alison Place
Aragorn - Niko Ekert
Bib Fortuna - Oliver Derks
Borg Queen - Tressy
Darth Borg - Fabian Kuechler
Dracula - Pittel
Elrond Smith - Simon Hibbs
Galadriel - Vanessa Watkins
Gandalf the Gray - Oliver Schmidt
Grand Moff Tarkin - Lincoln Petersen
Grishnakh - Sebastian Schuier
HAL 9000 - Nick Brooke
Harrek the Bersek - Stefan Drawert
Harry Potter - Nils Meissner
Herbert West - Sascha Knierim
Hermione - Ines Boettcher
Jabba the Hutt - Adrian Smith
Jar Eel the Razoress - Claudia Loroff
Judge Dredd - Matt Nixon
King Arthur - Greg Stafford
Merlin - Lewis Jardine
Merry Brandybuck - Ingo Tschinke
Morgan le Fey - Gemma Davison
Morgause - Deborah Jarosch
Old Ben Kenobi - Michael Beck
Pippin Took - Mike Gibb
Predator - Carsten Strasen
Princess Leia - Julia Gerst
Robocop - Rolf Lang
Saint Arkat - Rick Meints
Sauron - Alexander Dotor
Shan Queen - Kat Ayotte
Sharku - David Dunham
Sir Galahad - Jeff Richard
The Doctor - Holger Thiemann
The Master - Ian Gorlick
Ugluk - Florian Hardt
Voldemort - Chrissi Frerichs
Yoda - Spencer Petersen

~ U n i f i c a t i o n D a y C a s t ~

  1. Johan Lindholm - Adelai Niska
  2. Nick Brooke - Lieutenant-Colonel Hadley
  3. Niko Ekert - Chance Jackson
  4. Lewis Jardine - Janus Bojanek
  5. Arne Steuck - Abeus Sincere
  6. Ian Gorlick - Magistrate Higgins
  7. Matt Nixon - Federal Marshall Preston Lee
  8. Tressy Arts - Lady Scarlett Wing
  9. Dave Ives - Garret ‘The Bear’ Thaine
  10. Torsten Nordmann - Dr. Hubbard Tynes
  11. David Kirkham - Hetty Mayor
  12. Claudia Loroff - Minister Angelina Long
  13. Philip Kuckuck - Fess Higgins
  14. Alexander Schwinghammer - Dr. Eloy Vaugn
  15. Dirk Tschirschnitz - Gunther Marx
  16. Lincoln Petersen - Zane Pardy
  17. Oliver Derks - Tain-Li Knott
  18. Beverley Gordon - Shepherd Usher
  19. Adrian Smith - Lian-Li-Ming
  20. Kay Ayotte - Inarra Serra
  21. Oliver Schmidt - Sir Atherton Wing
  22. Simon Hibbs - Governor Bennet Liang
  23. Darren Driver - Lieutenant Womack
  24. Dan Barker - Mr Badger
  25. Gwen Mott - Miss Winnit-Fry
  26. Lawrence Whitaker - Reno Lamb

~ O u r p r o u d S p o n s o r s ~

Here are the proud sponsors of Tentacles who generously provide games and books as prizes for our GMs and for the auction. Check out their websites and games.

Chaosium, Inc.
http://www.chaosium.com/

Pegasus Spiele GmbH.
http://www.pegasus.de/

Issaries, Inc.
http://www.glorantha.com/

Moon Design Publications
http://www.glorantha.info/shop/shop.html

White Wolf
http://www.white-wolf.com/arthaus/index.php

Darcsyde Productions
http://www.darcsyde.org/

Mongoose Publishing
http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/

Fabian

--

~ TENTACLES X ~
The HeroQuest, Cthulhu, Eternal Champion, Pendragon and RuneQuest Game Fest 2nd - 5th June 2006 Castle Stahleck, Bacharach, Germany Register here: http://www.tentacles-convention.de/regis.htm *Celebrating 10 Years of Tentacles*