"Historical" question for Greg.

From: rangerflecha <rangerflecha_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2006 06:38:36 -0000

Hi everyone!

Yesterday I began posting at the Mongoose publishing's Runequest forums. There I explained what I've read here and there; that by the time when Gygax and Arneson put out D&D, Greg wanted to create a much more narrative system for Glorantha. Circunstances made that the first rpg in Glorantha were RQ, but Greg still wanted to make a more narrative system one day. That happened in 2000 with the release of Hero wars, and 2003 with HeroQuest. After that, the hardcore RQ fans in there called me demagogue, since I was twisting "true" facts (i.e., that no "narrative" system was first thought of by Greg) to suit my interests (they didn't pointed what obscure interests were those, though). They implied too that RQ is preferable to HQ for Glorantha; I guess they don't like HQ so much.

Since I consider passing from an old RQ system to the HQ one, I'd like to ask you, Greg, to confirm (a simple yes or no would suffice) is this historical "facts" are correct; if you had in mind a game like HQ before RQ was born. Just for the peace of my mind! ;) Thanks!