Re: Storytelling lessons from the x-men and what to do about canon....

From: Tom Goodfellow <tegoodfellow_at_...>
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 23:48:02 -0000

As I was watching, it occurred to me how much of the storytelling was game applicable:
  1. Having a team approach with each character getting a turn in the limelight
  2. Sketching out minor characters with a brief illustration of their powers and their motivations (note: illustration, not just description)
  3. Ensuring that the "baddies" have a good reason to do what they're doing
  4. The creation of genuine ethical dilemmas, e.g. when Rogue has to decide whether to "cure" her mutation

And it was a good, fun movie. Vinnie Jones was bloody awful, though.

Tom