RE: Re: Thunder Rebels

From: Gareth Martin <gamartin_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:08:05 -0000

> (unlike medieval Europeans, or indeed, Malkioni) have no
> taboos against sex
> before marriage anyway, which makes prostitution are less
> commercially viable
> career path.

I don't think thats quite the clientelle they would be catering for; its much more a case of sex DURING marriage.

Maybe this is just bad luck, buyt there is a historical strand in which women in entertainment are assumed to be prostitutes, sometimes legitimately. It's possible that in HW this choice of terms was entirely accidental, but I can easily see why the association was assumed.