Re: Hardcover Godlearnerbook on Ebay

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 18:49:53 -0700

Peter

>So why wasn't this marketed as a work in progress instead
>of a cash-grab?

In what way would a work in progress not raise cash? This way the convention gets some of the proceeds.

> >Perhaps because Greg and Jeff (authors) and Claudia (maps and design)
>>wanted to give something to their friends at Tentacles?
>
>While the rest of us suffer in darkness.

Since the auction states "Please note, however, that the text contents will appear elsewhere" I have to conclude that you are afflicted with terminal anticipation.

IIRC, some of the works in progress were available only to convention-goers. Others had to wait.

>So why couldn't this have been marketed as a fan publication?

Who's to say it won't be? Or won't appear in a Mongoose 2nd age publication? Or maybe it will end up on the web site. Heck, part of it *is* on the web site (the maps are prettier, but essentially the same).

Speaking of maps, Claudia Schille's maps from this work are in fact available in YBoT 6. I think this backs up the stated intent of material appearing elsewhere.

> >Roll against your Spirit of Glorantha.
>
>I have and it comes up wanting when there's clear
>evidence of a policy of elitist self-adulation.

Evidently your standards of evidence are a lot looser than mine.

--

David Dunham