Re: Extremely Limited Editions

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:10:48 +0100

>25 copys were also not very much...

25 copies produced, 24 copies ordered = enough...

>And the maps ARE available:
>http://www.glorantha.com/new/mythmapwestern.html

The web cannot possibly compete with the quality of a properly printed version, which is what these gorgeous maps deserve.

<snip long list of reasons why books aren't likely to now see print>

This seems to me to be rather proving Peter's and my point. Information is provided at very high cost to a very small number of people, then publication is delayed to everyone else until such point as Greg decides he doesn't want to ever publish it.

I don't see this as a good thing.

The unfinished works series provides a mechanism for making this material available. There's a market for it (Hrestol's Saga, for instance, is currently selling for over a $100 on e-bay). Why not make the minimal investment in effort needed to actually provide the material to everyone, rather than the rich few? At least of the books that are already collated and laid out?

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson