Quotations from a visit to Alkoth

From: ANDREW BARTON <andrew.157barton_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 02:46:49 +0100 (BST)

Some snippets from my party's visit to Alkoth, posted for possible amusement ... there is a small virtual prize for identifying the source of the nod to the Diskworld.

'Sure, you can try climbing the walls if you want to. Just try not to think any hostile thoughts about the city while you're doing it. Do you know how hard it is to get grease spots out of the stonework?'

  [when last heard of, the character was still climbing after several weeks. At least, that's how long it seemed to the watchers.]

  GM:

'It's the first time you've seen a library where the front door is fitted with a portcullis.'

  Player:

'Is it designed to keep things in or out?'

  GM:

'Hmm. It looks as though it's meant to keep things in.'

  During a visit to the Reserve Stacks beneath the library the party go past rooms containing rows of scribes who are chained to their benches.

'This is the room for people who didn't obey the SILENCE notice. And this room is for people who didn't return their scrolls by the last date stamped.'

  They pass a dark corridor from which despairing wails can be heard.

'And this is where we keep people who violated temporal causality.'

  Andrew