Organising Glorantha Information

From: danhalberd <dan_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 23:01:54 -0000

As there is loads of background information for Glorantha in existence in all sorts of old formats some of which is out of date and a lot of which is hard to find I was just wondering if anyone had considered an alternative way to make Glorantha background material available. I'm sure everyone has seen wikipedia and occurred to me that a Glorantha version would be a really good way of organising lots of Glorantha information that is really hard to find at the moment. I often find that if I want to write a scenario for Glorantha just researching what has already been written in all the different books and on the web takes ages. Of course I know that the publishers wouldn't want the gaming material they they planned to sell put on this but there is loads of material which isn't really ever going to be sold. If it was in a wikipedia type format people could edit in their own work and then it could be corrected and adjusted by moderators who are experts in their Glorantha area. Perhaps it could be rated a bit like rumours used to be in Tales of the Reaching Moon etc. as to how accurate the material was. Its just a suggestion but I think an online Glorantha encyclopedia would be really helpful and if it was in a wikipedia type format I'm sure it would improve over time in the same way.