Re: Re: Thunder Rebels

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:40:22 -0500

Guy Hoyle wrote:

> --- "KYER, JEFFREY" <jeff.kyer_at_...> wrote:> It means someone who
> entertains the carls and cotters rather than the
> > thanes. Puppetshows, throat-singers, ox-bone players, etc. (there's
> > list of what sort of entertainment they provide in TR)
> >
> > They are more like the medieval entertainers that one had rather
> than
> > the bards and poets of the courtly entertainment.
>
> So, they'd be more like sword-swallowers, acrobats, tightrope walkers,
> jugglers, etc., then? Gotcha.

Yep! At least, that's how I view it. Just like it says in the Keyword description. =)

Folks who entertain the Joe & Jane Orlanthi -- travelling from stead to stead in exchange for a bed and supper and maybe a chicken. And showing their skills, dreaming of the day they make it big...

> There's a beggar at my local renaissance fair that sits in the
> crossroad and shakes a bowlwith some coins in it, grinning maniacally.

Ah, that's a beggar.... with a difference. I think... I think that this would make a good, outre encounter somewhere. =)

> Whenever someone puts a quarter in, he hits himself once on the head
> with a tin pan. Four quarters, four times. A $10 bill--- he chases
> you off.

Oh! I like this guy! Give him $1 for me?

> Guy

Preformance art should be rewarded appropriately!

Jeff