Re: Who else is a Newbie? And other thoughts...

From: Alison Place <alison_place_at_...>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 15:07:51 -0700 (PDT)

Bonjour, Pierre-Andr�,

     Thank you very much indeed for your offer to let us all know about Qu�becois efforts in the world of Glorantha.

     Another Canadian con would be nice... Jeff Kyer organised the last one, and I enjoyed it immensely. He, also, unfortunately lost money on it, much as Graham did. Paradoxically, it led directly into us visiting Germany for the past four years to get our fill of Gloranthan gaming and particularly freeforming. As far as getting to NA goes, it's just as easy to fly to Montr�al direct from various European cities as to many cities in the US. Your difficulty would be language, as you say. As you probably know, Tentacles is mostly run in English because that's the majority language of potential attendees. Sad, but true.

     Theo, if you've been gaming in Glorantha for 20 years, you are not a newbie!!! OK, maybe not quite as submerged in the world as Peter Metcalfe, J�rg Baumgartner or a couple of others of whom I can think, but definitely no newbie!

Alison

P.S. Never, never ignore one's email for a whole week! 277 emails down, and heaving a huge breath of relief. :-)

Do You Yahoo!?