Re: Re: Heortlings analogues

From: donald_at_...
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:22:58 GMT

In message <20060624165137.6185.qmail_at_...> Ian Cooper writes:

>So don't limit your sources, but recognize the likely diversity of the
>term Orlanthi is as great as the term 'barbarian'
>
>This is an entertaining summary of these kind of sources, aimed I
>suspect at the gamer.
>
>http://www.wizardrealm.com/barbarians/history.html

Or possibly the US schoolchild. It reminds me of school history in its generalisations and inaccuracies.

It treats as a single culture various groups of people stretching across an entire continent and over a thousand years of history.

I'll not go into the details of errors other than to mention the women in modern bikinies!

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/