Re: Lopers

From: Keith Nellist <Labrygon_at_...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:32:48 -0000

I had a theory that the Lopers were the children of Eiritha and Artmal, probably from before she married Storm Bull, but maybe as a dalliance away from the Great Bull. Eiritha used the name Cathora as a disguise and lived for a while on the moon. I had thought I had made more notes on this story but cannot find them. IMG the Lopers who survived in Genertela were merely the cavalry of the now long dead Artmali empire and this explains some of their enmity with the Agimori. The resonance with the Zebra Riders (being the cavalry of the Pavic Kingdom) are clear. The only references from my campaign that I can find are attached below however the beasts with the night questing eyes turned out to be giant crabs, rather than Lopers:
Strategy And Tactics*************************
It is acknowledged throughout the Trollball world that there are five essential strategies to Trollball. No one can quite agree on their names or exactly what they involve; some say that Subere thought of them before the world began. Valastos of the Seven Pens thought that they had elemental ties and sought to prove it. Her later gambling debts were blamed, some say, not on her lack of data but on her poor grasp of statistics. She was "a mere compiler of facts and anecdotes" as Tish Pistos famously complained. Tish, a man who believed in teleporting Lopers, put his faith in Mostalic probability theory, and backed up his calculations with cautious wagers.

As I climbed up Magasta's hills,
I met prototype god Jogrampor
With stone at his neck and his single eye He would keep his secrets and never die!

As I swam down a silvery stream,
I met with tricksy Labrygon:
With gall in his eye and sinews awry
The earth would shake and never know why!

As I climbed up the invisible bridge
I met with clear-eyed Jhostarl:
He'd heard me walk as I spanned the sky, Loyal to Pavis till the day I die.

As I walked through a shingly cave,
I met with queenly Cathora:
Her beasts had come with their night-questing eyes To cut me down to my proper size.

Keith