Re: IFWW

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 15:20:49 +0800

At 5:13 AM +0000 30/6/06, Jeff Richard wrote:
> > Its interesting to see how Glorantha has evolved - IFWW used
>> to be described as a truly universal myth, uniting the elves, the
>> trolls, the malkioni (before we even had a name for them), etc. Now
>> its a Heortling myth only.
>
>All the races of Dragon Pass (Heortling, elf, troll, dwarf, probably
>dragonewt, etc.) probably have something like IFWW (if only the Unity
>Battle). For humans it is a Heortling myth only.
>
>FWIW, that's been my view since prior to Enclosure #1 - so this isn't
>exactly a recent evolution.:)

        Sure, but as Greg points out, its definitely an explicit change. RQ2 era explanations of IFWW explicitly mentioned Zzabur, Dagori Inkarth, green elves, etc. Of course, Gregs self-criticism for earlier fits of Godlearner zeal is sufficient explanation.

        I bet some Heortlings are a bit surprised to find its not as universal as they thought, and are rather surprised some of the other cultures are unaware of it.

	Cheers
		David