Re: Other Orlanthi initiation rites

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2006 12:16:07 +0800

Greg sez
> > Greg - given that IFWW is unique to the Heortlings
>Among humans, that is. Note that some elves, dwarves, uz and Gold
>Wheel Dancers also have a similiar experience.

and also
At 9:46 AM -0700 4/7/06, Greg Stafford wrote:
> > Ie do Heortlings ever
>> find themselves aiding trolls or elves in their experience of IFWW?
>
>Never. Absolutely never.
>The purpose of the IFFW is in the "I," in that it is a solitary experience.

        It sounds as if there is a real phenomenon (of similar myths in different racial mythologies) that could easily be a basis for a God Learner conception of IFWW.

        Interestingly, most of the human myths of IFWW that are in COP are about Zzabur, which fits well with the idea that the universal IFWW from COP is a God Learner construct, but not with the idea that Heortlings are the only humans that experience it. But then, we know the God Learners got plenty of stuff wrong - its likely they are conflating two sets of related myths (one about a lone stand against chaos, one about inter-species co-operation) into one, or some such fundamental error, and ignoring all the cases that don't fit.

	Cheers
		David